Advertisement
If you have a new account but are having problems posting or verifying your account, please email us on hello@boards.ie for help. Thanks :)
Hello all! Please ensure that you are posting a new thread or question in the appropriate forum. The Feedback forum is overwhelmed with questions that are having to be moved elsewhere. If you need help to verify your account contact hello@boards.ie

Ming the Trouserless.

Options
  • 02-06-2020 4:10pm
    Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭

News reaches us this afternoon that Luke 'Ming' Flanagan turned up for an online meeting of the EU Agriculture committee wearing one of his black shirts, and very little else....

Now Ming would appear to have been unaware of this fashion faux-pas being made known to his continental colleagues, but it's safe to say he is embarrassed by the whole incident.

Some might suggest that Ming does most of his talking out of the bottom half of his body anyway, so it might have been for more comfortable access to his arse.

I feel this is a humorous incident, but should we be expecting a better standard of professionalism from our EU representatives?

Comments

• Registered Users Posts: 8,039 ✭✭✭Odhinn

News reaches us this afternoon that Luke 'Ming' Flanagan turned up for an online meeting of the EU Agriculture committee wearing one of his black shirts, and very little else....

Now Ming would appear to have been unaware of this fashion faux-pas being made known to his continental colleagues, but it's safe to say he is embarrassed by the whole incident.

Some might suggest that Ming does most of his talking out of the bottom half of his body anyway, so it might have been for more comfortable access to his arse.

I feel this is a humorous incident, but should we be expecting a better standard of professionalism from our EU representatives?

As long as they turn up wearing some form of covering, leave them at it.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 3,023 ✭✭✭Gruffalux

At least he is relaxed.

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

It’s ok, his goatee beard was covering up his meat and 2 veg.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 40,061 ✭✭✭✭Harry Palmr

Nice OP from JohnnyFlash

• Registered Users Posts: 3,235 ✭✭✭TheDavester

Lynne Ruane must be triggered

• Advertisement
  • Registered Users Posts: 10,601 ✭✭✭✭EmmetSpiceland

Looks like it does damage your short term memory, after all.

“It is not blood that makes you Irish but a willingness to be part of the Irish nation” - Thomas Davis

Love Ming. Great character.

Brightened up Dail Eireann and is brightening up the European Parliament.

• Registered Users Posts: 3,205 ✭✭✭cruizer101

• Banned (with Prison Access) Posts: 2,980 ✭✭✭s1ippy

He says he was out for a jog just before the conference and pulled on a shirt but left his GAA shorts underneath. He meant to put his camera horizontal but didn't...

No doubt this will be picked up on in spades by the very same people who totally ignore all the excellent work and uncovering of inequities he's done in the EU. His work on TTIP was particularly good.

I'd love to be wrong but I know it's just going to be leapt upon.

• Registered Users Posts: 28,120 ✭✭✭✭drunkmonkey

I was gonna wear some pants today but then I got high..

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

s1ippy wrote: »
    He says he was out for a jog just before the conference and pulled on a shirt but left his GAA shorts underneath. He meant to put his camera horizontal but didn't...

No doubt this will be picked up on in spades by the very same people who totally ignore all the excellent work and uncovering of inequities he's done in the EU. His work on TTIP was particularly good.

I'd love to be wrong but I know it's just going to be leapt upon.

Inequities aren’t the only thing he’s uncovering!

• Registered Users Posts: 5,875 ✭✭✭Edgware

Leave him alone
    He's having a great time with his head in the Brussels trough with Daly and Wallace

• Registered Users Posts: 12,495 ✭✭✭✭Snake Plisken

Embarrassment to the country along with manky Daly and clown head Wallace!

• Registered Users Posts: 738 ✭✭✭tjhook

Well he's representative of the constituents that voted for him.

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

Love Ming. Great character.

Brightened up Dail Eireann and is brightening up the European Parliament.

Ask him the next time you see him if he still thinks politicians are paid to much, and what happened to half his salary going back into the community.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,630 ✭✭✭Woke Hogan

mgn wrote: »
    Ask him the next time you see him if he still thinks politicians are paid to much, and what happened to half his salary going back into the community.

He should use some of that salary to buy himself a pair of trousers.

• Registered Users Posts: 16,124 ✭✭✭✭Pherekydes

Woke Hogan wrote: »
    He should use some of that salary to buy himself a pair of trousers.

Or a skirt?

• Registered Users Posts: 11,503 ✭✭✭✭For Forks Sake

426308.jpg?b64lines=SSBIQVZFIE1JU1BMQUNFRCBNWSBQQU5UUy4g

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,135 ✭✭✭Better Than Christ

cU91i9gzQh8I.gif

• Registered Users Posts: 5,178 ✭✭✭Man Vs ManUre

He might have thought it was just one of those regular dreams where you turn up to work minus your trousers. Then he realised ......

• Advertisement
  • Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

Embarrassment to the country along with manky Daly and clown head Wallace!

Steady on - when the sun shines on her from a certain angle, Clare still looks eminently shaggable.

mgn wrote: »

If anyone is worth a politician's salary, it's Ming.

Steady on - when the sun shines on her from a certain angle, Clare still looks eminently shaggable.

Misogyny aside, she was a very hardworking and well-respected TD.

• Registered Users Posts: 2,267 ✭✭✭MayoForSam

Cut the man some slack(s)...... ooops, sorry he wasn't wearing any.

• Registered Users Posts: 7,055 ✭✭✭JohnnyFlash

She's an MEP. Shouting and being a full-time contrarian isn't hard work btw.

She's meant to be sound in fairness.

• Closed Accounts Posts: 1,252 ✭✭✭Redgirl82

Another gobs**t voted in by the Irish people, then complain about politicians!!! what do you expect??

• Registered Users Posts: 19,802 ✭✭✭✭suicide_circus

Something something Flash Gordon something Ming the Merciless

• Closed Accounts Posts: 873 ✭✭✭StackSteevens

It's hardly misogyny to say that someone looks shaggable - but well done for using it in a sentence - and extra marks for spelling it right!

(For the record, I voted for her -twice - when I lived in Swords!)

• Registered Users Posts: 1,904 ✭✭✭mgn

If anyone is worth a politician's salary, it's Ming.

For what, spending most of his time jogging around Castlerea or out canvassing for the Green Party in the last election.
    This is the same Ming that got elected in the first place for campaigning for the rights of turfcutters.
    You couldn't make it up.

• Advertisement

It's hardly misogyny to say that someone looks shaggable - but well done for using it in a sentence - and extra marks for spelling it right!

(For the record, I voted for her -twice - when I lived in Swords!)

Reducing her to whether you think she's 'shaggable' or not is absolutely misogyny.

Advertisement